Since Oktoberfest Dublin is a celebration of so many aspects of German culture, food and drink is at the heart of everything we do. From the ice cold steins of beer to the traditional dishes from different parts of Germany, you will always be close to food and drink here.
What food can I try at Oktoberfest Dublin?
Here are just a few of the dishes you will be able to sample at our event this year:
- Bratwurst: Typical German sausage made from pork
- Steak & Burger: Just like the steak and burger you get here only with a German twist!
- Leberkäs: Germany’s answer to meatloaf, extremely popular in the southern part of the country
- Haxn: A knuckel of pork
- Sauerkraut: Delicious, German cabbage!
- Roasted potatoes: We know how much you Irish like your potatoes – we love them too
- Hot Dog & Fries: A bonafide classic with another German twist
- Burgundian ham: One of our most famous dishes
- Schmalzkuchen: Little German donuts
- Crepes: Like the ones you get here!
- Candy: We don’t just bring our savoury specialities over from Germany – we bring our sweet ones too
- Pretzels: The famous bread snack that we all love
- Fresh potatoe chips: Yes, ‘chips’, not French Fries!
What drinks can I try at Oktoberfest Dublin?
Like we have done every year for over seven years now, we will offer our icecold and fresh tapped German Erdinger “Fischer’s Hell” and “Weizenbier” (wheatbeer).
If you’re driving, don’t worry! For you we have non-alcoholic wheatbeer!
If you don’t like beer you also don’t have to worry! We have a German wine bar with excellent German white and red wine. We also have soft drinks and long drinks too.
If it’s getting late and you need a ‘pick me up’, we recommend our coffee bar where you can pick up coffee (obviously!), tea and hot chocolate.